This specialization introduces blockchain, a revolutionary technology that enables peer-to-peer transfer of digital assets without any intermediaries, and is predicted to be just as impactful as the Internet. More specifically, it prepares learners to program on the Ethereum blockchain.
The specialization covers a range of essential topics, from the cryptographic underpinnings of blockchain technology to enabling decentralized applications on a private Ethereum blockchain platform.
It is ideal for programmers and designers involved in developing and implementing blockchain applications, and anyone who is interested in understanding its potential.
When you finish course and complete the hands-on project, you’ll earn a Certificate that you can share with prospective employers and your professional network.
By the end of the course, students will be able to
1. Understand how blockchain systems (mainly Bitcoin and Ethereum) work,
2. To securely interact with them,
3. Design, build, and deploy smart contracts and distributed applications,
4. Integrate ideas from blockchain technology into their own projects.
1. Explain design principles of Bitcoin and Ethereum.
2. Explain Nakamoto consensus.
3. Explain the Simplified Payment Verification protocol.
4. List and describe differences between proof-of-work and proof-of-stake consensus.
5. Interact with a blockchain system by sending and reading transactions.
6. Design, build, and deploy a distributed application.
7. Evaluate security, privacy, and efficiency of a given blockchain system.